Phoenix Weaponry's 45-70 Auto
With the high level of interest in our 45-70, I thought I would share some of the background on this project. This gun started out as a personal project that has been languishing on the back burner for several years. This year we had the opportunity to bring my idea to fruition, and we are very excited with the results. We appreciate you all for showing the same excitement. This project was made possible by my team at the shop.
This is built on our RFL (308) upper/lower with a custom barrel and barrel bushing. This being said, we can build you one in any configuration, caliber, finish - we can do whatever you want, your budget permitting.
The cartridge is a 45-70 modified to be rimless (as pictured in the magazine). If you have a lathe to modify the brass, we can sell you the form cutter, or you can buy already modified brass from us.
Again Thank you to everyone for you interest and support. ~Aaron
- UPPER RECIEVER: Precision CNC machined and trued from billet 7075-T7 aluminum, 1913 Picatinny flat top rail section, slick-side style(removed forward assist and brass deflector), and machined for mil spec dust cover
- BARREL: 4140 Chromoly18" 1/14 twist Duglass Airgage Button Rifled 8 Grouves Ultra Rifling Custom Profiled Barrel
- GAS SYSTEM: Direct impingement, Phoenix Weaponry custom designed and built, light-weight, ultra-low profile, stainless steel adjustable gas block. Rifle length gas tube
- HANDGUARD: Phoenix Weaponry designed and CNC built, 15”, lightweight, free-floating, modular handguard. Precision machined from 6061-T6 aluminum. Phoenix manufactured Picatinny rail sections, QD Sling Mounts, Handstops and Sling studs can be added at 45 degree increments around the handguard and along the entire 15” length of the tube are also available. Proprietary barrel nut with screw lock mounting system for increased stability and strength
- DUST COVER: Billet dust cover when closed is flush with rest of receiver completing the slick side look
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Phoenix Weaponry “Chevron” muzzle brake, CNC machined from 4130 chromoly
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: Standard .308 Bolt Carrier Group
- LOWER RECEIVER: Precision CNC machined and trued from billet 7075-T7 aluminum. Magazine well is heavily flared for ease of magazine changes. Accepts all mil-spec magazines and most popular polymer magazines
- TRIGGER GROUP: Phoenix custom 3lb. precision trigger
- CHARGING HANDLE: Standard .308
- BUTTSTOCK: Magpul ACS Stock in FDE
- PISTOL GRIP: Magpul MOE in FDE
- COATED: Cerakote FDE (other colors availble in Duracoat & Cerakote)
- MAGAZINE: Modified Magpul 10 Round Magazine 6 Round Capacity
- WEIGHT: 9.75lbs
- OVERALL LENGTH: 41"
To purchase or see more images head over to our product page HERE